auerberg-museum | the historic »kiebelehaus«, built after the large fire 1720, was once inhabited by farmers and craftsmen (in personal union), for a while even townhall and place of the register office, finally then a sordid block of flats and immediately before demolition. but this was avoided by the mayor, local council and museum association, who appealed to the realisation of the museum of local history. after two years it is finished now – and it became far more than a museum of local history. not least because of the focus on auerberg – which was 2000 years ago exposed place of the oldest roman settlement in bavaria.
possible was the realisation only because of the huge voluntary commitment of many diligent inhabitants of bernbeuren like mr. ernst. the team was qualitatively challenged and promoted by academically consulting office for non-governmental museums; leading be here mentioned the dedicated mr. flügel.
our bureau was assisting, critical and coordinating integrated in this project, beyond that responsible for the museal conception - for the scenography, the typo / graphical design, the difficult interior architecture, the lightning concept, enforcedly also for the projectmanagement and of course for the visual appearance.